11.10.2012

Lilith Enraptured (Divinity Warrior) by Michelle M. Pillow

         I know I said I had been reading YA and I will get back to that soon, but I read this book pretty quickly and thought I would do a review since I have been seriously slacking.

         Sorin of Firewall lives in a land forever at war. In fact, the Starian men are so busy fighting, their marriage ceremony has been reduced to a "will of the gods" event where they simply pick a woman out of a lineup and claim her as a wife. With women becoming scarce, it's necessary to trade the off world Divinity Corporation for brides. Duty-bound to attend the ceremony, Sorin has no intention of picking a bride, let alone one from another dimension. That is, until he sees Lilith, the bewitching woman sent by the gods to reward-or punish him?.
         Lilith, a data analyst for Divinity, is betrayed by the Corporation and wakes up in a primitive, uncharted dimension filled with warriors who know only war and duty. Her fear of becoming a sex slave to a big, beefy knight becomes all too real when a warrior of god-like proportions claims she's his new woman. As Lilith discovers, there are worse fates than being the focus of Sorin's skillful and earthy seduction.
Click to view the book on Amazon: Lilith Enraptured
         This story was a pretty standard "kidnap woman" story. Lilith gets kidnapped by her corporation and sent to this world that is stuck at war in the middle ages and she gets selected by this giant warrior to basically be his baby maker.  Usually the heroine would put up more of a fight,  but she gave in pretty quickly and of course there were plenty of misunderstandings before they finally had a happily ever after.

         Go read the book then come back.

         I know this post is a bit short, but I kind of felt that the plot was lacking, but I mean I guess most people don't read the book for the plot. The sex scenes were okay, but I have definitely read better. I do like the idea of the constant war, that is a cool concept, because most places are looking for an end to a war but this one didn't want to stop the war and had purposefully stayed in the middle ages so that they could have more control over what their enemy can do to hurt them.

         I also kind of liked the idea of Having the wife's room inside the husband's, I mean, one way to look at it is that she has to get past her husband to get out, but on the other hand the idea of a room within a room seems really cool to me. I know it's silly, but now I want to do that in my house.  I know this was a short review, but I feel like there wasn't much to talk about. They met disagreed about her staying, got over it and fell in love. Though, I do wish that Sorin had gone more in depth about his first wife Bianka. We know she tried to cheat then ran off to be with his enemies who then killed and ate her, but every time that Lilith brought it up he would get super pissed about it, which is understandable. I just wanted to be able to get a better picture of this first wife so that I could compare Lilith to her.

         I would give this book a three out of five stars. A quick read, but the story doesn't really grab you.

No comments:

Post a Comment